Old 16-06-2005, 12:08 AM
Maryc Maryc is offline
Registered User

Location: Arkansas

I cut the Zucchini longways and make Zucchini Lasagna. THe zucchini is in place of the Lasagna noodles. I also sliced my pattypan and put breading on them and deep fried them they were nice and crispy. I also made fake fried potatoes with the patypan and it was pretty good too.
Just a few ideas!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook
Just picked 8 eight ball zucchini, two regular green zukes and two
yellow ones. Also picked two patty pan. There are just two of us.
Guess it is time to start preserving the stuff. Think I will dry some
slices. A few years ago I dried squash, eggplant and tomatoes. Took
some with me when I went to stay with a relative for a while. Made
ratatouille by soaking the veggies, using some of the liquid and
adding some canned tomatoes.

Any other ideas?

Some of my summer squash plants are about 3 feet tall and leaves 16"
across. The winter squash look like they want to take over the whole
garden.
--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."