Old 15-06-2005, 10:42 PM
Pam Moore

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:28:51 -0400, "Harold Walker"
wrote:

"Vw Golfer" wrote in message
Any ideas how I can rid my rosebush of aphids WITHOUT chemicals? Heard of
garlic, washing up liquid and water- does this work or heard of any
others? Thanks

Diluted Fairey liquid soap does a good job..H

Now is your Fairy Liquid the same as ours Harry?
I sprayed some plants once with diluted Fairy Liquid and they didn't
like it at all. Ours is detergent, not soap.
I have a block of Fairy Household soap, the old-fashioned sort, and
when I need it I grate some and mix it in wam water.
This was because I could no longer get the original Lux Soap Flakes
that a previous generation used.
It needs to be soap and not detergent. You can buy soft soap from
organic suppliers but it is expensive.

Pam in Bristol