Old 15-06-2005, 11:26 PM
Harold Walker

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:28:51 -0400, "Harold Walker"
wrote:

"Vw Golfer" wrote in message
Any ideas how I can rid my rosebush of aphids WITHOUT chemicals? Heard
of
garlic, washing up liquid and water- does this work or heard of any
others? Thanks

Diluted Fairey liquid soap does a good job..H

Now is your Fairy Liquid the same as ours Harry?
I sprayed some plants once with diluted Fairy Liquid and they didn't
like it at all. Ours is detergent, not soap.
I have a block of Fairy Household soap, the old-fashioned sort, and
when I need it I grate some and mix it in wam water.
This was because I could no longer get the original Lux Soap Flakes
that a previous generation used.
It needs to be soap and not detergent. You can buy soft soap from
organic suppliers but it is expensive.

Pam in Bristol

Perhaps I may have goofed on this one...I thought the UK Fairey soap was the
same as our liquid ivory soap used for dishwashing....(Fairey soap as suck
not cold in the US of A....H