Old 16-06-2005, 03:23 AM
djay

How many stage regulator do you have? My two stage shows the tank pressure
and the line pressure. Your regulator should have an Increase and a
Decrease knob. Sounds like you need to DECREASE! My line pressure is
between 5 and 10 PSI. My needle valve is a cheapo from HD and my DIY bubble
counter reads 60 bubbles per min or 1 bb per sec. That keeps the 75 gal
right at 6.8 PH and the plants are VERY happy. My 10 LB tank last about 14
months.

HTH

DJay
"Bill Stock" wrote in message
I finally got my regulator and fire extinguisher (CO2 tank). But I'm not
sure what bubble count to shoot for? I gather 3 bubbles per second is a
good start. My reactor (Hagen) is quite inefficient at the moment, so I'll
need to use more CO2 until I can replace it.

I also noticed that it's difficult to get good flow control from the
needle (JBJ combo) valve. It sort of an all or nothing deal. What working
pressure should I use? I having trouble getting less than 50 PSI.