Old 16-06-2005, 02:22 PM
Road Runner

Default Sunflowers

I recently bought a potted sunflower from the store. It is different from
the sunflowers I have grown in the past and those were all from seeds. I
have never seen potted sunflowers sold before. I wonder if this is a new
variety and if it will be a perennial instead of an annual. I sure hope
so. The tag on the pot didn't say either way only to water it often and
plant it in the sun. The name on the tag was;
SUNFLOWER Helianthus annus Ballad.
Does the word annus in the name mean that it is an annual?

This variety is different because it has several flowers on the same stem.
Thanks in advance for any and all answers. Sandy