Old 16-06-2005, 04:26 PM
Mike

I have had planning permission refused on quite a few developments for
possible flooding problems because the Drains infrastructure is not
sufficient for any more building on 'virgin ground'. i.e. where a building
is going to be erected on ground which has absorbed rain water in the past,
but would, if the building were erected, be diverted to the drains thus
causing more problems. If you can hang this one on the Planning Authority,
put a sting in the tail of the objection in that 'Should the Council ignore
this observation and notice, then this letter will be used as an act of
support for any claim on the Council in the event of flooding of property of
the people listed below"

Copies to and then list the people and properties likely to be affected.

That one has worked quite a few times and made a road be re-aligned because
of storm water run off into and under property.

Another is vehicular access to/from the proposed property on the grounds of
safety. We had a development of flats re-aligned because they were going to
come out onto an already very busy junction.

Something you cannot have planning permission refused on, is the spoiling of
your view, UNLESS some of your windows enjoy 'Ancient Lights' privilege..

No doubt others will be presented.

A few to go on with

Mike

--
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past
H.M.S.Impregnable Ass. Sussex 1 - 4 July Visit to Int. Fest of the Sea
"VX" wrote in message
s.com...
.although since the planned and permission-sought edifice will tower over
my garden it may not be OT at all....

Can anyone point me to a list of the valid/accepted criteria apon which

one
may object to planning permission being given for a neighbouring building?

[IOW there are a number of possible criteria one might object on, but a

local
authority only has to take certain issues into consideration and I need to
know what they are.]

I need to know this very quickly, I have about a day so time is suddelnly

of
the essence. TIA for any help with this.

--
VX (remove alcohol for email)