Old 16-06-2005, 08:39 PM
John K

VX wrote:
.although since the planned and permission-sought edifice will tower over
my garden it may not be OT at all....

Can anyone point me to a list of the valid/accepted criteria apon which one
may object to planning permission being given for a neighbouring building?

[IOW there are a number of possible criteria one might object on, but a local
authority only has to take certain issues into consideration and I need to
know what they are.]

I need to know this very quickly, I have about a day so time is suddelnly of
the essence. TIA for any help with this.

It depends what you mean by "tower over". It may be that your LA might
consider that the neighbouring building is "overbearing", or "out of
character with the neighbouring properties", or something like that.
There would also be consideration of whether it would have windows that
would overlook your garden.

Another thing you might bear in mind is that many applications in your
LA may be dealt with by planning officers under delegated powers,
without going before committee. However, if you object (and persuade
your ward councillor(s) and or parish/town councillors to agree, it
would probably have to go to committee, in which case you might have a
better chance of your objection being upheld.

JK