Old 17-06-2005, 02:30 AM
Reel Mckoi

wrote in message
ganews.com...
The other day, my neighbor (two doors up) came by to tell me that a
snapping turtle had laid eggs in his back yard. She came up from the
stream in the woods, walked up the hill to his yard, and walked up a hill
in his yard to a spot by his shed, where she dug her nest and did her
thing.

===================
We're draining our 800 gallon pond tomorrow or Saturday as we think another
one (snapper) breached the netting. We found two beautiful butterfly koi
with their tails in bloody shreds this afternoon. Part of the net was torn
and missing near the ground. Our neighbor and ourselves have been trying to
rid our ponds and area of these menaces by taking everyone we see to a
nearby lake. He told me this morning he hasn't seen any snapper in his
stock pond but he's now invaded by southern sliders. he gave up keeping
fish in his pond years ago.

We're replacing the side nets with hardware cloth this weekend. That should
keep the dirty little stinkers out....... speaking of stinkers,...another
fish eating water snake commit suicide in the net this week. What an
odor.... *gasp*.....

--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.