Old 17-06-2005, 03:17 AM
Reel Mckoi

Default Red algae

Clorox

Stephen Levine wrote:
This is

I have a simple pond 6'x20' created by a liner - no plants. The pond is
about 6 years old. I have always had algae problems which made the water
cloudy ,but have lived with the condition only dying the water black to make
it more palatable.

I had to clean out my pond this spring - a leak in the liner. Now, the water
is clear but there is a red algae floating on the surface. Sometimes there
are small bubbles.

There are about 20 goldfish. The fish seem to enjoy the cleaner water - they
are much more lively than past years. But I worry about the "red tide."

Is there anything to do?

Stephen11962