Old 17-06-2005, 01:00 PM
Chookie

In article ,
jpd1009 wrote:

i have a row of standard 'iceberg' roses that require some under-
planting.

I have looked at lavender and like the way it hedges up and the
standards appear above

However I am looking for other options.

The garden also contains a small copse of Betula pendula nearby.

Well, it would depend on your colour scheme, wouldn't it? All you are looking
for are perennials up to about 80cm, as far as we can tell. You could try
visiting the Digger's Club nursery (Heronswood, in Dromana) for some ideas.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.