Old 17-06-2005, 05:16 PM
Steve

My friend has two very large cherry trees, a Bing and a Queen Anne.
He told me that he got the Queen Anne tree in the mail 4 years ago and
it now it must be 40 ft high.

He exaggerates a lot and I wonder if that is possible for a tree to
grow that fast. He also told me he was offered $50,000 each for his
three very large Birch or Oak or Elm trees. They are very large,
maybe close to 80 or 100 feet high and very wide, but $50,000. That
means, someone would have to pay at least $100,000 for it, with the
removal, cleanup, transporting, excavating and transplanting.

I don't doubt there are people around who'd pay for it, there is too
much money around for the top 1%, but he said he didn't even have to
guarantee that the tree would live.

.... that the tree would live?? Wow, I was assuming they were valuable
for lumber or something. Your friend claims they want to transplant 100
foot tall trees? I wouldn't say it couldn't be done because they do
amazing things but more likely I think your friend is a kook. :-)

Steve