Old 17-06-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Cherry Trees

My friend has two very large cherry trees, a Bing and a Queen Anne.
He told me that he got the Queen Anne tree in the mail 4 years ago and
it now it must be 40 ft high.

He exaggerates a lot and I wonder if that is possible for a tree to
grow that fast. He also told me he was offered $50,000 each for his
three very large Birch or Oak or Elm trees. They are very large,
maybe close to 80 or 100 feet high and very wide, but $50,000. That
means, someone would have to pay at least $100,000 for it, with the
removal, cleanup, transporting, excavating and transplanting.

I don't doubt there are people around who'd pay for it, there is too
much money around for the top 1%, but he said he didn't even have to
guarantee that the tree would live.
Old 17-06-2005, 11:12 PM

haha, as he said it to me, people buy multi million dollar homes and
they want trees right away, not to have to wait 15 years. There is so
much money around today because of all the tax cuts for just being
wealthy that people spend liike crazy on anything they want. Why
would anyone spend $100,000 for a bottle of wine?

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:16:06 -0400, Steve wrote:

... that the tree would live?? Wow, I was assuming they were valuable
for lumber or something. Your friend claims they want to transplant 100
foot tall trees? I wouldn't say it couldn't be done because they do
amazing things but more likely I think your friend is a kook. :-)

Steve

apple trees gone? cherry trees coming? mm Lawns 3 24-12-2006 10:38 PM
Cicada wasps, apricot trees, cherry trees Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 5 27-08-2003 09:32 AM
Volunteer cherry trees WP Edible Gardening 0 08-07-2003 06:08 AM
Cherry Trees tippy1 Edible Gardening 5 22-05-2003 04:08 PM
fruits on ornamental cherry trees? Lil Gardening 5 13-05-2003 06:32 AM