Old 17-06-2005, 08:21 PM
Perendinater

Yes, very cute... and very voracious. I kept some as pets for about 8
months, years ago in college. They grew from hatchlings to about 8 inches
long on a steady diet of turtle food sticks and coldcuts (mostly turkey)
from the school cafeteria. Probably not the best over-all diet for them,
but with the amount they ate and the income I had as a student, the coldcut
option worked for my budget..

BTW, whenever I've had trouble getting a turtle to eat, fat-free turkey
coldcuts have almost always jumpstarted them (and don't foul up the water).
Then they'll usually switch over to a more balanced diet pretty easily.

"kathy" wrote in message
oups.com...

Fun!
Baby snappers are so cute!
Just like baby alligators, baby man eating tigers
and baby Godzilla ;-)

kathy :-) www.blogfromthebog.com
this week ~ a snake story

Pond 101 page for new pond keepers ~