Old 18-06-2005, 02:52 AM
Daniel Morrow

"doug" wrote in message
I like to set up a 2 &1/2 gal planted tank.
Probably use Excel instead of CO2.
What would be a good way to circulate or filter
the water in such a small set-up?

Doug

If you want to go high tech you could use an elite mini submersible filter,
it filters at 58 gallons er hour and has dimensions of 3 1/2" x 1 1/4" x 1
3/4" . Like elaine I like air driven sponge filters too but only if I can
get them to cycle (good bacteria), I tried cycling the jungle sponge filter
rated for a bigger than 15 gallon tank like I had and never got it to cycle
unless my problem was (like it is sort of right now) a ph crash or something
like that, so in the future I will consider a good quality sponge filter if
the opportunity arises. Anyone have any ideas/experiences with air driven
sponge filters and would like t share with the rest of us? Cool, Later!