Old 17-06-2005, 10:17 PM
Kenni Judd

Some oncids are just natural "climbers," with the new growths coming out
high compared to the last ones. But in your case, it rather sounds like the
plants were either potted incorrectly [with the "front" at the edge of the
pot rather than facing the growing area within the pot] or they just decided
to go the other way -- that happens too, sometimes. It is also possible
that the plants just don't like the pots/medium they're in ... Can you post
pics to abpo? That might help.
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids
"caparazon" wrote in message

Does anyone know why new oncidium bulbs show a tendency to be born
outside the pot?. I have two different Oncidiums and in both cases
their new bulbs are like escaping the pot. Nothing grows in the middle
of the free space within the pot, as I think it should.

--
caparazon