Old 24-10-2002, 06:40 AM
Tumbleweed

Default Scarifying

"Steve" wrote in message

"Jane Ransom" wrote in message

We never do it before May or after September because that is when the
grass is not growing and can't recover from any damage you cause it in
the scarifying process.

Here in the north west, the grass often continues growing well into
November.

And it does here in the South, some years it grows throughout the winter,
but I think that is more existing grass, rather than new stuff germinating,
or encroaching onto bare earth. And there is very little chance that grass
seed will germinate. So its not the best or even the second best time of
year to do it.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks before replying (but no email reply necessary to newsgroups)