Old 24-10-2002, 05:00 PM
Ken Riley

Default Apple Tree selection

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 01:51 +0100 (BST), (Steve
Harris) wrote:

In article ,
(Kay Easton) wrote:

3. Do I have to have at least 2 trees to make pollination work?

Yes, and two varieties in flower at the same time

Does that really apply in urban areas?

In some, yes. I was brought up in a town (not Bramhall!) where the
council built estates by razing all vegetation to make a desert then
building houses on it, with grass gardens. People grew flowers and
privets but our friend planted two apple seeds and grew her own trees
- they were the wonder of the neighbourhood. I never, ever saw any
fruit trees round there.

Joan in Bramhall (Cheshire)