Old 18-06-2005, 03:41 PM
zeke75

They are not the same as the lady bugs we grew up with. As kids we said they
were good luck if you found one in the house in the winter.
Any time I got one on me I always blew it away gently, now I smash it with
disgust.

Hopefully they are not selling the Asian beetles by the bag full. If they
are let me know, I have millions of them in the fall and could start a new
business.
From what I have read they were brought here to this country to assist apple
orchards insect problems

I am in Minnesota and regularly have millions and millions of them on my
house. Anyone along the Mississippi river says the same thing. They do seem
to have cycles, one year we had every inch of the house covered with them,
the next 2 or 3 yrs we have only half the house covered.

Does anyone know if the regular old lady bugs are still around? The kind
that are "fun" bugs.
I wonder if they interbreed with the Asian variety?

"presley" wrote in message
Fred Meyers was selling bags of lady bugs the other day, and I bought one,
but I forgot to inquire as to the 'ethnic' origin of them. I hope I got
native ones.....