Old 24-10-2002, 09:16 PM
Mike

Default Outside light question. Dont flame me the light will be in the garden :-)

In article ,
writes
Hi,

I know this isn't a plant or pest question so apologies if this
doesn't fit within the group. But i thought if anyone knows the answer
you lot will.

Does anyone know if its possible to buy an outside floodlight that
will come on at dusk at say 60 watts BUT if anyone crosses the path of
the PIR it will come on stronger say 300w.

Or better still if there is any way i can add a sensor to my existing
security lighting that will allow for the dual mode?

If anyone knows of one will they let me know.

p.s. I'd rather it not be once of those ugly bulkhead floodlight
types.

pps. the garden is 17m x 17m.

I have a beauty from B & Q. Not quite what you want with regards to the
amount of light, but it is an attractive 'Coach Light' with a bulb which
is on half brilliance when it gets dark and has a sensor which pulls it
up to full brilliance when triggered.

Adjustable range, we have it outside our new patio doors :-)) Looks
nice and does what we want.

Mike who has just come in and used it :-))

It's frustrating when you know all the answers, but nobody bothers
to ask you the questions.