Old 19-06-2005, 11:49 PM
~ janj JJsPond.us

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 15:53:07 -0400, "*muffin*" wrote:

the ONLY thing that changed , really was the KH went up.

That's what I would expect. I don't know that baking soda has any affect on
GH or is worth worry about it.

I read that the lime will not dissolve in water with over 7.5 ph ,,
(correct??)

That's also my understanding.

or is there something else to bring up the GH?
or should I bother?

I wouldn't bother. Unless someone here has a good explanation of why we
should.

Your numbers don't look too bad currently, do you have a pressurized filter
by chance? If you do, they eat KH like crazy and baking soda will have to
added often, you'll just have to figure out the rythmn so you're not
bouncing the pH when you add it.

Do you currently have salt in the pond to detox the nitrite? ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~