Old 20-06-2005, 01:28 PM
Spider

wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anyone have a suggestion for a plant which does the following:

Needs to hang over a small wall (1ft high) - some sort of ground
creeper I guess?

Needs to survive the winter, I think the term is Perennial

Needs to flower at some point during the year

Any/All suggestions welcome...

Hi James,

It would help to know more about your soil/situation.

However, off the top of my head, I would suggest:-

Chiastophyllum oppositifolium ... spreading and tumbling evergreen foliage.
Lovely soft yellow "lamb's tail-like" flowers in late spring.
Helianthemum, many varieties ... more-or-less-evergreeen sprawling stems and
foliage. Flowers in early summer in bright shades, some pastel.
Cerastium tomentosum (Snow-in-Summer) ... obsessive-compulsive spreader.
Carpet of grey leaves, covered by masses of white flower June/July.
Erigeron glauca ... tumbling lavender-coloured daisy flowers June/July.
Saponaria ocymoides ... covered in pink flowers from July onwards.

Also, some forms of hardy Geranium and Veronica may suit your brief, but
you'll need to research the most appropriate varieties.

Hope this helps.
Spider.