Old 20-06-2005, 08:48 PM
Helen

"Jibby" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:21:13 -0400, "Jibby"
wrote:

When I pull weeds out of my garden and flower beds I toss them in to my
compost bin. My neighbor said that I shouldn't do that because it will
cause more weeds when I spread the compost due to the weed seeds in the
compost. Is he right?

Thanks,
Jib

I just wanted to thank everyone for their replies.

Jib

Probably has to do with the seeds...and if they're not crushed. In the yard
I cut
the grass at a higher mower level to insure the tops of the weeds (with the
seeds)
are cut. Compost is good for helping seeds grow..so if weed seeds are in
there...
well, there ya go...