Old 20-06-2005, 09:43 PM
madgardener

????? I NEVER encouraged newbie's to do any such thing! if I
misunderstood your internet capabilities, then I can apologize for it, but
as I wrote just now to Travis, my sending you loads of unsolicited amounts
of jpgs to you making you unable to download your business mail before
having to download mine, I told you already that my computer had hiccupped
and sent those pictures out to everyone after a storm had struck the ISDN
cables and caused havoc. (or maybe I didn't tell you, as I deleted your
address because you asked me to, which I did)

I have 24 hour access too, and mine isn't dial up, it's the next dinosaur
up, ISDN. all I can get as DSL isn't available in my small but exploding
town here in Eastern Tennessee.
"Janet Baraclough"

No, Mad, I don't.

I have 24 hour internet access with no time-out, but it's a dial-up
service for which I pay by the minute. That's why I objected to you
sending loads of unsolicited large jpeg pictures within private emails
which took half an hour to download. Especially since I couldn't get to
my business mail without downloading yours.

Do you understand there's a difference between newsreaders, newsgroups
and private email?

yes, I'm grown, understand rules and 99% of the time, do things as per
protocol. You probably think I am some irreverent person who does what they
like and damn the rules..............where I am not absolutely anal about
everything, there are times when the rules are exactly for reasons and I
don't question them.

Travis isn't making it up, he's telling you the truth about posting
pictures to non-binary newsgroups.

And I in NO WAY implied that he was making this up.......or that he was
lying. Glad to know we all know the rules. one or two mistakes have shown
me this over the last seven years.

My isp's newsreader strips them out
at server level, they never reach my screen. That's standard usenet
protocol.

If people want to show a picture to a text-group, which this is, they
should either post it on a web page or a binary group and post
directions here, giving others the option to go and look for it.

yep, and that's what I've generally done. That and have opened up a Kodak
picture account which is free to post as many pictures as I want with only a
link to visit and view them since Pottingshed got me started recently.

Please don't encourage newbies to follow foolish/selfish ways which
will get them into disfavour.

and again, where in the heck do you figure I encouraged newbies to follow
foolish and you're accusing me of being selfish, ways??? You know
what,,,,,,,,,,,this is just enough to do what you and Travis must consider a
good riddance to bad gardener poster. I will say that with everything
recently in my personal life and everything else, the one enjoyment besides
my gardens was posting here, talking and meeting gardeners and sharing my
views of everything I hold sacred. I have been wrong in the past and I know
I will be in the future because I am not perfect. but I think that it must
be time for me to just stop this and please you and Travis and anyone else
who thinks I'm a waste of good band width.

For those who really enjoy my rambles, I have to apologize, but sometimes it
just comes a time when you can't stand there and be insulted and no, my skin
ain't thin, we've lost so many wonderful gardeners because AOL has refused
to allow them access to the newsgroup, I see more and more inabilities for
people to just enjoy gardening banter and sharing, and as much as I hate to
say I quit, I believe I will quit. For those who think I'm saying this to
get attention or people asking me not to, I'm not doing it for attention, or
pleas of "don't go" I'm tired.

I am a nice person. I follow most rules. I bend over backwards, and I also
know you can't please everyone, so just try and please yourself. but I am
NOT selfish. I am just one person who doesn't matter to some, and does
matter to others. This newsgroup has held me up at times I needed it, and
I've made life friends and a few enemies along the way. What I can do is
lurk and read and if I feel the overwhelming need to post about something
that inspired me, I will send them to those who don't mind my words. and if
they do, they'll be less accusatory. Hope you have a good Solstice sweetie.
And a good summer.

That's it for me. I'm outa here.....................once and for all.

madgardener

Janet.