Old 20-06-2005, 04:50 AM
madgardener

Default Bead seed Poppies (last Pic).

neat pictures. hint at taking them, try early morning light, or afternoon,
or cloudy. try to remain still so the picture isn't fuzzy (I have that
problem myself) and last.........before Travis flames you for posting the
pictures on the "chat" newgroup, you might be flamed for putting the
pictures here instead of on alt.bianaries.pictures.gardens
newsgroup.........I didn't mind, but there are those who DO, who WILL and
who might voice their displeasure............I don't mind though. (next
time, put a warning to those who don't want the size to threaten them, as
Janet from Europe has time limited internet, put a warning of "attached
jpg's in post"

just my being helpful since I got myself in deep compost a while back for
posting pictures here and I've been a contributing writer and answerer for
well on seven years. Live and learn even if I have been here a long time.

madgardener up on the ridge, back in Faerie Holler, overlooking English
Mountain in Eastern TEnnessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36 where my Dragon lilies
are blooming so thickly and so wonderfully, the perfume is thickly pushing
thru the screens to smell up the whole bedroom tonight!
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
"Brian and Michelle" wrote in message

----

Old 20-06-2005, 09:11 AM
Travis

"madgardener" wrote in message
[...]

I have pointed out the error of some folks ways a couple of times but
never flamed anyone.

Here is the definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 20-06-2005, 12:03 PM
Hound Dog

[...]

Seven year wasted!

What you want, what I want, neither matters one bit, Internet Etiquette
states that in newsgroups, graphics are not allowed, only text.

Many of the older browser will not display graphics, and many of the newer
one must be set to display either plain text, graphics or both.

Insert a graphic and chances are many users will never see it.

Old 20-06-2005, 01:12 PM
enigma

"Travis" wrote in

[...]

true.
also, many newshosts will strip binaries (pictures) from non-
binary groups, so we get the post, but no picture. those of us
on dial-up really don't want pictures clogging up the download
time, especially those of us with multiple computers on a
network using dialup (yes, i could get broadband, but the
dial-up is free)
binary groups or websites are for pictures.
lee
--
war is peace
freedom is slavery
Old 20-06-2005, 09:22 PM
madgardener

Travis, I wasn't upset, I just wanted to warn about posting jpg's here. And
I still don't think it's anything to get the knickers into a wad about. As
long as we warn people about there being attachments of pictures, giving
those of us the capabilities to open them, I don't see the harm. most
computers now have better capabilities to open these pictures without so
much time consuming problems and band width consumption. But having said
that, my computer address files accidentally sent Janet Barclough some
pictures inadvertantly and she had already asked me not to send any. I
didn't the last time but despite my computer hiccuping and sending to
EVERYONE in my address files................(oy vey!!) I deleted her address
just to ensure I'd not have that mistake again. I treasure her friendship
and gardening banter way more than her thinking I'm sending band witdh
consuming jpg's to her. That's why I offer pictures to those who want to
see what I write about.......................

now as for showing me once again the rules, know I am a notorious rule
bender, but I don't do it to fly in the face of people. there are just some
that are tight about it.

I have currently a contradiction of garden humor, by the way.......an EASTER
lily blooming in time for SOLSTICE.........but picture is available to those
who holler at me at my e-mail addy..........I am thru trying to post
pictures on alt.bianaries.garden.pictures.com as they don't always come thru
for me.

madgardener cleaning up after an intense storm...........

Old 20-06-2005, 09:43 PM
madgardener

????? I NEVER encouraged newbie's to do any such thing! if I
misunderstood your internet capabilities, then I can apologize for it, but
as I wrote just now to Travis, my sending you loads of unsolicited amounts
of jpgs to you making you unable to download your business mail before
having to download mine, I told you already that my computer had hiccupped
and sent those pictures out to everyone after a storm had struck the ISDN
cables and caused havoc. (or maybe I didn't tell you, as I deleted your
address because you asked me to, which I did)

I have 24 hour access too, and mine isn't dial up, it's the next dinosaur
up, ISDN. all I can get as DSL isn't available in my small but exploding
town here in Eastern Tennessee.
"Janet Baraclough"

No, Mad, I don't.

I have 24 hour internet access with no time-out, but it's a dial-up
service for which I pay by the minute. That's why I objected to you
sending loads of unsolicited large jpeg pictures within private emails
which took half an hour to download. Especially since I couldn't get to
my business mail without downloading yours.

Do you understand there's a difference between newsreaders, newsgroups
and private email?

yes, I'm grown, understand rules and 99% of the time, do things as per
protocol. You probably think I am some irreverent person who does what they
like and damn the rules..............where I am not absolutely anal about
everything, there are times when the rules are exactly for reasons and I
don't question them.

Travis isn't making it up, he's telling you the truth about posting
pictures to non-binary newsgroups.

And I in NO WAY implied that he was making this up.......or that he was
lying. Glad to know we all know the rules. one or two mistakes have shown
me this over the last seven years.

My isp's newsreader strips them out
at server level, they never reach my screen. That's standard usenet
protocol.

If people want to show a picture to a text-group, which this is, they
should either post it on a web page or a binary group and post
directions here, giving others the option to go and look for it.

yep, and that's what I've generally done. That and have opened up a Kodak
picture account which is free to post as many pictures as I want with only a
link to visit and view them since Pottingshed got me started recently.

Please don't encourage newbies to follow foolish/selfish ways which
will get them into disfavour.

and again, where in the heck do you figure I encouraged newbies to follow
foolish and you're accusing me of being selfish, ways??? You know
what,,,,,,,,,,,this is just enough to do what you and Travis must consider a
good riddance to bad gardener poster. I will say that with everything
recently in my personal life and everything else, the one enjoyment besides
my gardens was posting here, talking and meeting gardeners and sharing my
views of everything I hold sacred. I have been wrong in the past and I know
I will be in the future because I am not perfect. but I think that it must
be time for me to just stop this and please you and Travis and anyone else
who thinks I'm a waste of good band width.

For those who really enjoy my rambles, I have to apologize, but sometimes it
just comes a time when you can't stand there and be insulted and no, my skin
ain't thin, we've lost so many wonderful gardeners because AOL has refused
to allow them access to the newsgroup, I see more and more inabilities for
people to just enjoy gardening banter and sharing, and as much as I hate to
say I quit, I believe I will quit. For those who think I'm saying this to
get attention or people asking me not to, I'm not doing it for attention, or
pleas of "don't go" I'm tired.

I am a nice person. I follow most rules. I bend over backwards, and I also
know you can't please everyone, so just try and please yourself. but I am
NOT selfish. I am just one person who doesn't matter to some, and does
matter to others. This newsgroup has held me up at times I needed it, and
I've made life friends and a few enemies along the way. What I can do is
lurk and read and if I feel the overwhelming need to post about something
that inspired me, I will send them to those who don't mind my words. and if
they do, they'll be less accusatory. Hope you have a good Solstice sweetie.
And a good summer.

That's it for me. I'm outa here.....................once and for all.

madgardener

Janet.

Old 21-06-2005, 12:25 AM
Travis

madgardener wrote:
[...]

It isn't "alt.bianaries.garden.pictures.com" it is
"alt.binaries.pictures.gardens".

Since you are able to post here it should be no problem to post to the
pictures group, just don't excede your ISP's max file size. It is best
to post the pictures one at a time not all in the same post.

If your computer is sending pictures to people in your address book all
by itsself you might have some sort of virus or trojan.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5