Old 21-06-2005, 03:56 PM
Bill B

dps wrote:
I've tried to repair cracked carburetor castings with various materials.
None of them worked in the long term. Heat is the problem with most of
the epoxy repairs.

Bill B wrote:

...Thanks for the update. If you know where the crack is and if all the
parts are there you could try to epoxy the crack with JB Weld.

Although I haven't tried it on really hot items, J-B Weld advertises
that their product withstands 600 degree temps and their testimonials
indicate that it hs been used to repair engine blocks. I have been able
to drill and tap the stuff---I think it would be worth a try.