Old 21-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Timothy

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:39:55 +0000, me wrote:

hi everyone, I figured its time to delurk and ask a couple questions at
the same time....

First, does anyone out there have a source for the Orbit line of drip
irrigation products? I've been searching the internet and have yet to
come up with a good source for that particular brand. The local walmart
used to sell it, but they decided its not profitable enough and stopped
carrying it.

Second, a friend of mine asked about getting an apple tree that will grow
next to her pine trees. Are there any apple trees that will do well in
that kind of acidic soil?

Here's a list of orbit retailers.
http://www.orbitonline.com/index.cfm/relatedLinks

There are no acid tollerant apples that I know of. Your friend may choose
to create a birm or mound of soil and plant into it. The soil will be the
correct ph and will be less work than digging and amending.

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://ywgc.com/resources.html