Old 26-10-2002, 07:46 PM

Default Outside light question. Dont flame me the light will be in the garden :-)

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002 16:01:57 +0000 (UTC), "Steve Warren - UK
SpeedTrap Guide" wrote:
Steve,

Thanks for that, the light wasnt any good but they do sell the pir on
its own which is superb as it will go with the floodlights I already
have.

Which for martin & anna Sykes's benefit are light polution friendly.

Thanks steve.
Screwfix do just what you want, they are called Hi/Lo lights and the one
they have is 15watts standby and 150watts full power when the PIR is set
off. Cost is £12.13 part number is D11917-16 they do others as well
Regards
Steve
Speedtrap Info @ www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk
Weather Page @ http://www.btinternet.com/~swarren/wx.htm

"Martin & Anna Sykes" wrote in message
Does anyone know if its possible to buy an outside floodlight that
will come on at dusk at say 60 watts BUT if anyone crosses the path of
the PIR it will come on stronger say 300w.

You could just use two separate lights. That way you could position the
general purpose light so it just lit your seating area and set the

security
light higher to illuminate a much wider area. That way you won't be

causing
as much light pollution in general use.