Old 21-06-2005, 11:30 PM
Mister Sensitive

I would be willing to bet the yellowjackets thought they were provoked. They
build new underground nests each spring, sometimes in places you used to
populate. If you walk on that spot, you are a provoking intruder.

I found my nest just last week. Ouch.

"Kira Dirlik" !! wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 23:14:16 GMT, "Raleighgirl"
wrote:

O no, no, no. Sorry I left out the part that these guys are
smaller than a honey bee.
Thanks tho.
Jw

Sounds like yellow jackets. They will attack unprovoked. My kids,
when about ages 4 & 6 came in screaming with them stuck to their
clothes. Luckily they only had 4 stings each, but many lodged in
their clothes. After a bath in cornstarch water and tears dried,
they told me they were sitting there watching them go in and out of
the hole in the ground... they were so interesting. (Grown today and
not entomologists. hah)
Kira