Old 27-10-2002, 09:22 AM
Mike

Default Salix Kilmarnock Willow

In article , Natalie
writes

We had 2 of them and found, a) they were not all that attractive 'in a
border', and b) they blew over very easily so got rid of them both. A
friend down the road has one and that is leaning all over the place.
(Laying flat this morning I expect with this wind)

Mike

I dug it up on Thursday; before I fell down the stairs and sprained my ankle
:-(

THAT hurts. :-(( Take it steady and don't run a Marathon for a couple
of days.

Kris, my husband, took it up to school on Friday before having a nasty
accident in his van. (Fortunately, he is OK but his van is a right off
:-(( )

:-(( Oh dear. The van is only a 'material thing' and can be replaced.

Yesterday Kris and I went up to school and planted the tree. I'm going up
to school shortly to plant some bulbs and do some tidying up. Hope I won't
find the tree uprooted!

We ended up by driving a scaffold pole into the ground to support ours.
Wood is a waste of time. But it was it's unruly 'Beetle Haircut' we had
to give the damn things every year which really put us off them. They
are nice for a while, but 'the while' is not very long :-((

Natalie

Mike

O ruddier than the cherry, O sweeter than the berry,
O nymph more bright, than moonshine night,
like kidlings blithe and merry.
John Gay 1685 - 1732