Old 22-06-2005, 12:57 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from contains these words:

Interested you list grape - I'm sure you know it's a vine not a tree -
but makes me wonder if one could be trained that way - just like
wisteria can. Hmm.

I haven't got a good pic of it, but I have a varigated ivy tree. It was
several months after I'd moved in that I discovered that what looked
like old bark was in fact the many strands of ivy weaving in and out of
each-other, and all growing on an old steel irrigation pipe.

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/cobble/shed12a.jpg

You *COULD* do the same with a grape vine, but keeping it properly
pruned would be a bit of a job.

--
Rusty