Old 22-06-2005, 08:40 PM
Chris Hogg

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:18:14 +0100, Chris Bacon
wrote:

Zax wrote:
I think diatomeous earth is similar to Fuller's earth, found in some cat
litters, which may be worth a try to absorb it as it's easy to find and
cheap.

Most Fullers Earth is used in paper manufacture. I am not aware of
its use in cat litter in the UK.

Very little Fuller's Earth (aka bentonite) is used in paper making.
The colour's too dirty for a start. Are you're thinking of kaolin?
Large chunks of Surrey were dug up in the past to provide FE for cat
litter amongst other things, but I think the deposits are mostly
exhausted now.

I second the idea of trying FE on tarry railway sleepers!

--
Chris