Old 23-06-2005, 01:44 AM
Buzzy

BearDrummer wrote:
Everybody feel free to post a story or 3 about their kids gardening...

My 4 year old granddaughter was down to visit with my daughter from up
north. There timing was pefect as I was just getting everything prepared
to start my seeds indoors. My granddaughter, nicknamed 'Sweetpea', came
down to my work area and asked what I was doing. I told her that 'Pipi
was planting seeds to grow nice flowers'. She asked if she could help
plant some seeds so I prepared a flat of growing medium and, as luck
would have it, I had her put a couple of sweetpea seeds that I had just
purchased in each cell. She covered each one up, watered them, and asked
how long it would take. I told her that she would be back home before
they started showing, but I would update her as they grew. Well, I've
just sent her the first picture via e-mail and she couldn't be happier!
Now, when I get to talk to her on the phone, the first thing she asks is
'How are the plants Pipi?'. Here's a pic that I sent her of the first
blossom:
http://www.buzzys.net/gardens2005/sl...dens05-76.html

Cheers,
Buzzy