Old 22-06-2005, 10:21 AM
BearDrummer

Default kids gardening

Everybody feel free to post a story or 3 about their kids gardening...

My daughter and I are growing lots of vine plants, including greenbeans
and oriental sugar peas. I showed her how to make a seed holder out of
folding an 8.5*11 sheet of paper... She is amazed at how green beans
are the green beans she knows and loves, as well as the beans that she
now knows they turn into if you leave them on the vine. She is looking
forward to her "babies" - next years plants started from this years
seeds... She is learning a lot from the garden this year...

Old 23-06-2005, 01:44 AM
Buzzy

BearDrummer wrote:
Everybody feel free to post a story or 3 about their kids gardening...

My 4 year old granddaughter was down to visit with my daughter from up
north. There timing was pefect as I was just getting everything prepared
to start my seeds indoors. My granddaughter, nicknamed 'Sweetpea', came
down to my work area and asked what I was doing. I told her that 'Pipi
was planting seeds to grow nice flowers'. She asked if she could help
plant some seeds so I prepared a flat of growing medium and, as luck
would have it, I had her put a couple of sweetpea seeds that I had just
purchased in each cell. She covered each one up, watered them, and asked
how long it would take. I told her that she would be back home before
they started showing, but I would update her as they grew. Well, I've
just sent her the first picture via e-mail and she couldn't be happier!
Now, when I get to talk to her on the phone, the first thing she asks is
'How are the plants Pipi?'. Here's a pic that I sent her of the first
blossom:
http://www.buzzys.net/gardens2005/sl...dens05-76.html

Cheers,
Buzzy

--
--- Buzzy's Stall Wall ---
www.buzzys.net
Old 23-06-2005, 03:58 AM
Hound Dog

"Buzzy" wrote in message
. ..
BearDrummer wrote:
[...]

Nice garden!
Great photographs!

[IMG] code is On

Kids gardening BearDrummer Gardening 7 19-05-2005 08:55 AM
Cute gardening "commercial" for kids rdoiron Edible Gardening 2 03-08-2004 05:15 AM
[IBC] Teaching kids? Kitsune Miko Bonsai 3 14-01-2004 05:04 AM
Eating Organics Cuts Kids' Pesticide Loads Tom Jaszewski Gardening 6 03-02-2003 01:59 PM
Seeds for kids? Sally Pointer United Kingdom 9 30-10-2002 09:42 AM