Old 27-10-2002, 03:56 PM
JennyC

Default identity required - is it a weed....

"Suzanne ODonnell"
wrote in message ...
Hi
I have just weeded my border - fairly overgrown with nettles and

others. One
particular plant caught my interest as i thought it could possibily

be worth
keeping. here's the description
Stands about 10cms high in clumps, thin white stems - like cress -

similar
leaf shape to cress too but much, much bigger . Two leaves abit like
clover - but never 3 leaves, lighter yellower varigation.The roots

were
unusual - which is what made me think it was planted, bunches of

dry, tiny
'chick pea' shaped bulbs - which on bigger plants turned into pale

white
triangles like carrots still small though. I decided to pull 'em up

as they
had yellow / dark gold spots on the back of their leaves which I

didn't want
on my plants. There were so many of them it must be weeds - but we

have
recently turned over that patch very deeply to remove a laurel - did

these
plants return from a previous garden ????? adn what are they??
Thanks for helping out with my query
Suzanne

I think it's sounds like something I have in my garden too. It has
pretty yellow flowers in spring which remind me of buttercups but not
as tall. I think its a weed as it reproduces so fast, but it easy to
pull up. I tend to let it do its thing and then remove great clumps of
it when other things start to come through. I don't have a clue what
it's called :~)

Jenny