Old 23-06-2005, 01:29 PM
boothbay

Default Phal spike

New to the orchid world so I'm not familiar with the names, nor parts of
orchids, possibly except one...spike. Is this the part that the next
bud would appear? If so, mine just stays as small as it was 6 weeks ago.
The flowers are doing fine. I give it proper light, fertilizer and etc.
I read somewhere that orchids 'take off'in growth during the warmer,
summer months. ...so is there anything thing wrong with mine? Its
slightly 3/8ths of an inch long, and like I said, its been that way ever
since i bought it. BTW, its a Moth Orchid.