Old 23-06-2005, 08:17 PM
bud

Well - there is alot of food for thought here... For one.. I have been
bombarded by these things. I just put some wood putty in the holes as i
find them. I used to shoot some sevin up in the holes until i read a story
about these kinds of dusts hurting honey bees. So i just plug the holes.
Sure it's work but if you use the wood putty and fill the hole you get your
strength back in the wood. And if you must... to be sure... squirt some
wasp stuff up the hole, let it dry for a few days and then plug the hole
with wood putty.

"Raleighgirl" wrote in message
m...
Our favorite entomologist, Michael Waldvogel, talking about
carpenter bees, is quoted in the paper today.
http://www.newsobserver.com/lifestyl...-8896592c.html.
Congrats Michael!
Raleighgirl