Old 27-10-2002, 08:09 PM
Rod

Default Greenhouse protection?

"Donegal Paul" wrote in message
Due to the position of the greenhouse it is not feasible to put a fence
round it or plant anything that would shelter it.

Shelter belts don't *have* to be very close to be useful. IIRC the rule of
thumb is a shelter belt absorbs a useful amount of energy at a distance of
up to 5 times its own height. And believe me today we've really been glad of
the woodland surrounding us even though all the bangs and thuds have been a
bit disconcerting. At least we now know where the next years firewood is
coming from for our central heating and hot water ;~))))

Rod