Old 23-06-2005, 09:42 PM
gardentoolshed

It has not flowered and is now looking very sorry for itself. The green
leaves on the lower branches have turned brown and the branches have
gone droopy. The upper branches are green but are stating to go like
the lower ones. I took a photo of it and went back to the garden centre
where it was purchased. I spoke to a lady there who could not
understand what had happened to the tree and suggested I removed the
dead branches and to give extra water due to the hot weather. She did
say, however, that it may have suffered shock when moving from one
environment to another and that if it continues to deteriorate, then to
return for a refund.
I have removed the dead branches which has in turn removed about =A340
off its total value. The garden centre has been fair by offering a
refund, but I am annoyed that this has happened as I am relatively new
to gardening and thought I had followed all the instructions and advice
given about this tree, only to see it wilt. I suppose it could be just
one of those things that happens when gardening.