Old 23-06-2005, 11:30 PM
Klara

In message , Mike Lyle
writes
The ingenious hand-trapping and finger-chopping feature is why I'd
never have an old-fashioned deckchair, especially in a garden visited
by children. The front bar tended to give me pins and needles, too. A
pity that more complex designs like old-style "steamer chairs" are so
much more expensive, but I think it's worth it.

I will never ever forget the heart-stopping moment when I was 17 and my
cousin, 18, was following some exciting match on the radio while sitting
in a deck-chair ... the more exciting it got, the more he bounced ...
goal! And the chair collapsed, trapping his finger ...

--
Klara, Gatwick basin