Old 24-06-2005, 06:32 PM
Snoddywig Snoddywig is offline
Registered User

Question Large carp -smallish pond

Some years ago, we bought what were supposed to be baby ghost koi. Two survived, one a typical ghost koi silver & white in colour.
The second one (Jaws) just grew and grew and looks more like a crusian carp than anything else.
We made the pond bigger - but he grew and grew. He is now about three feet in length and is in a pond which is five feet wide at the widest end and about 12 feet long x 3 feet deep.
I worry about Jaws. Can't make the pond any bigger and I would hate to think that it was cruel to keep him in too small a space.
Anyone got any idea as to how big a pond he really needs?