Old 25-06-2005, 02:01 AM
Srgnt Billko

"puddles" wrote in message

"Iowa883" wrote in message
I was wondering what you all thought about a riding mower with gears

versus
hydrostats ? Is there any advantage to the old fashion gears ? I am

looking
at the maintenance. aspect .
Plus and minus of each would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Iowa883

Gears really limit your ability to vary your speed. To speed up and slow
down you've got to CONSTANTLY work the throttle. Lots of wear on the motor
and drive train.

Variable drive allows a single lever to control your speed WITHOUT

altering
the motor RPM. The governor runs the motor at one speed REGARDLESS of

load.
Minimal wear on the motor and drive train.

Puddles

chuckle