Old 24-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Rev \Fragile Warrior\

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

"Callen Molenda" wrote in message
"Travis" wrote in message
news:r1_ue.648$J12.118@trnddc05...
alijsyed wrote:
Hi:

I purchased some outside annuals in a hanging basket. I was told
they will only make it through the summer season.

I was wondering if they were brought indoors if they could survive
over the year or even multiple years.

Is this possible and if so, how.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Ali

What part of annual don't you understand?

No, you never flame.

Someone asked a simple question and got several thoughtful responses.

What part of polite don't you understand?

Callen in VA

The responses might have been "thoughtful" but didn't cut to the core
issue.
As Travis pointed out, "annual" has a specific meaning. Now, I know that
some things are sold as "annuals" that might be perennial in a tropical
climate. However, the OP used the term "annual" and that means the plant
completes its lifecycle in a year or less. Since the subject line asked
if
annuals will survive for more than one year, a concise and thoughtful
answer
would have been "NO."

Actually, it would be "probably not" or "not worth it" as I stated. That
being said, I have Geraniums on my windowsill that were in the garden three
years ago and an Impatient plant that has lived and bloomed for four years
in a strawberry pot just inside my patio door. It's even producing seed
pods this year.

However, it was a long, hard struggle to get them going and then keep them
alive until they were established indoors. They probably didn't start to
look good until they were indoors for 18 months or more. If I didn't like
blossoms in the winter so much, I would never have done it. Simply to save
them to put them out next year would NOT be worth it.

Giselle