Old 24-06-2005, 11:50 PM
~ janj JJsPond.us

I am not familiar with the system you mention, but is it possible to
home brew a replacement orifice / part for it? There is not much made
anymore today that you can expect to get replaement parts for after a
few years..........but 9 out of 10 times broken or worn stuff can be
refurbed by someone that likes to tinker.

Son has been tinkering with it, so far no go. I think he used goop and
after it set up he made a new hole.

Can you describe the part thats bad? An image of it perhaps?

What it does is shoot a fine stream of water into a tank while siphon the
exact amount out. Never occurred to me that the hole had to be exact.
Currently I just siphon some water out into a bucket and dump and let it
fill. It does still siphon just not as fast as it can currently fill, so we
usually make it thru a change without problems.

Right now I think son just needs to try again on the hole resizing. I'll
let you know if we get totally frustrated. Thanks, ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~