Old 25-06-2005, 02:28 PM
~Roy~

Thats what I have done in our hot tub on a few occassions when I
wanted a cold tub more than a hot tub.......it works pretty good too.

I would have to venture with a lots of shade is about the only resort
unless your prepared to spend lots of money for a chiller unit.

Around this paart its not uncommon for high temps either,,.How about a
fine mist of water. I have heard others say a trickle tower has a
chilling effect on water up to a certain point.

Take some temp readings at the top and middle and bottom and you may
be surprised the bottom strata is a lot cooler than you may think.

Around my ponds edges the water this year has been in the mid 90's
down to about 8 or 12 inches, however after that its a big change and
hits the lower 80's, and at about 3 feet or so its in the 70's. I
monitor my water temp from surface to 12 feet just for the heck of it
usuing a bank of remote electronic thermometers and sensors that are
permanently installed. Once I get past 8 or 9 feet the temp stays
rather constant all year round......

More aeraton and shade would be a big help for your pond / fish

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 23:33:05 -0700, ~ janj JJsPond.us
wrote:

===Take a few milk jugs. Fill with water. Cap and freeze. Put in pond during
===the day. Pond on the rocks. ~ jan
===
=== ~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

"The original frugal ponder"