Old 26-06-2005, 08:21 PM
~ janj JJsPond.us

Can anyone help me? I have a medium size pond in my garden which used
to have a steel grill over the top.

I had to remove this to fix the pump the other day and now I can't put
it back without wrecking the reeds - plus it looks nicer without the
grill!

The problem is little did I realise the grill actually helped the reeds
stay up. If I cut the reeds down and put the grill back will the reeds
grow back this summer? Is there another way to help them stand up?
Brian

Hi Brian,

Cut the reeds down, above the water line. Do not replace grill, as they got
dependent on it for support. They will grow up and manage without it.

What was the original reason for the grill? ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a