Old 26-06-2005, 09:49 PM
Aspasia

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 09:24:44 -0700, lgb wrote:

In article ,
says...
My q. is: how many pickings is one supposed to get
from beans? These were a charming mixture of
yellow and green "French" beans, long and thin
and delicious, but didn't bear for a very extended period.
Is that typical of vine beans?

If you don't keep them picked, they stop bearing.
Also, they need a lot of water.

I do, I do! (pick often). Problem is, I'm not getting that many
beans. Dunno why...

We pick pole beans daily and they bear from July until frost.

Sigh. I envy your garden. My beans sure gave up early.
Maybe it was this particular brand, from Renee's Gardens?

Also, they need a lot of water.

They get it. But next yearI'll remember to not
plant tomatoes near beans. I forgot that
tomatoes DON'T need a lot of water once the flowers form.

Thanks for your message.

--

Aspasia