Old 27-06-2005, 07:20 AM
Sacha

On 26/6/05 23:06, in article , "Stewart
Robert Hinsley" wrote:

In message , JennyC
writes
Hi all

A friend has a large shrub type plant in her garden that we'd like to
identify.

Its about 7ft tall
Large leaves with a 'hairy' feel to them
The stem of the leaf bracts is also very 'hairy'
These are soft hairs, green coloured
It has large white flowers
Has a very tropical look to it, but grows here in Holland without any trouble

I've googled, but not been able to find it.

Any ideas?

--
Jenny

It could be a well-grown specimen of one of the white-flowered
Lavatera's - 'Barnsley' or 'Blushing Bride' at least could get to that
size. (I wouldn't say "tropical look", but that's subjective). I'm sure
that there must be other plants matching this description, but their
identities escape me.

I started thinking about a Sparmannia but can't imagine it surviving winters
in Holland - it certainly won't here.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk