Old 27-06-2005, 03:11 PM
geezer

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 08:53:49 -0400, Stubby
wrote:

Yup, paranoid. The charger is built around a transformer that isolates
the 120 VAC power input from the DC output. Reversing the plug does not
affect the DC output in anyway.

Having a third prong would permit the (metal?) case of the charger to be
grounded. This means that an internal short in the charger would not
give you a shock. But it is just as safe to make the case out of an
insulator such as plastic and physically arrange the wiring so it cannot
chafe or break.

Just now I connected the tender up and get proper indicator lights and
voltage polarities no matter which way I connect the plug.

So I would think that you are indeed very right.

Thanks for reply

One day I will find my short though. Now up to 7V! Must be the
starter itself.

Cya