Old 29-10-2002, 06:49 PM
Big Al

Default Tree/shrub to fill gap?

Alan Holmes wrote on Mon 28 Oct 2002 11:12:14p :

I want to fill a gap in hedge about 4 feet wide, so I'm looking for a
tree or shrub which will grow fairly quickly to fill the 4 foot wide
gap and grow to about 7 feet or more but not something which is going
to grow to 20 feet.

I have absolutely no ideas about things like this as I'm only
basically interested in growing things to eat!

A Worcesterberry then? ;-) Even if the berries just go for the birds.

Seriously, I've always thought they would make a rather good hawthorn
substitute, and my dad's old one took on almost exactly those
dimensions.