Old 28-06-2005, 02:50 AM

Default The evil deed is done

Well I did it. I repotted my phal tonight. The lottery is now on as to
when it is going to die. Pick your date, post it here, and wait for
the announcement.

I picked up some regular Pro-Mix and a bag of perlite today and I just
finished the repotting. I took the 20-25% ratio advice that was posted
here, and I hope I've got an environment that will support my plant.
Only time will tell.

There were fewer roots than I expected. I guess all the roots had
migrated to the sides of the pot and that's what I was seeing through
the slats. On one of the of bigger, closer roots near the centre of
the plant there were a couple of node-like growths. I don't know if
they're going to turn into offshoot roots or if they're going to turn
into new spikes. The only reason that the spike thought crossed my
mind, is that they were growing up and not down into the pot.

There were also more rotten/old roots than I expected. I had my
sterilized razor blade ready, but most of bad roots broke off in my
hands while I was rinsing the roots under the tap. Everything got a
good liberal does of cinnamon.

I really hope I haven't killed it.
--Vic